Wednesday, August 6, 2008

Placing the ad


This morning, when I was checking my emails, I read something that immediately grabbed my attention. It was a mail sent by one of our viewers.

Chad?” I said.

My cameraman was in the kitchen, smoking a cigarette. “Yes?”

“Come over for a minute, please”, I said.

Chad sighed and put out his cigarette. He walked over and looked over my shoulder.

“What do you think?”

Chad shrugged. “And ad?”

I nodded.

“Don’t we have enough models already?”

“There’s always room for more”, I said.


“Yet another model? I don’t know…”

“Oh come on, Chad, it’ll be fun. We could hold an open audition to find someone”, I smiled.

Chad chuckled. “You think there will be a lot of people answering the ad?”

“I don’t know. Go smoke another cigarette and when you come back I’ll have a first draft of the ad”, I said.

Chad nodded and disappeared into the kitchen.

Five minutes later, he came back.

I waved a piece of paper at him.

“Finished?” he asked.

I nodded. “’Model wanted. Ballbusting website needs talented people for photo and video shoots. 20-25 years, good looks mandatory. High pain tolerance beneficial.’

Chad chuckled. “Nobody is gonna answer that.”

I raised my eyebrows. “You got a better idea?”

Chad thought for a moment. “First of all, don’t write ‘ballbusting website’. You have to put it another way.”

“SM website?” I suggested.

Chad shook his head. “No way.”

“Erotic website?”

Chad shook his head. “What about ‘Artistic web project’?”

I blinked. “That doesn’t mean anything, does it?”

Chad grinned. “No. But that way people will answer the ad.”

I nodded and corrected the draft. “Alright. ‘Model wanted. Artistic web project needs talented people---“

“Males”, Chad interrupted me.

I nodded. “’Model wanted. Artistic web project needs talented males for photo and video stoots.’” I looked at Chad.

He nodded.

I continued. “’20-25 years, good looks mandatory. High pain---‘“

“No”, Chad said. “’Good looks mandatory’ is a given. I don’t think ugly people are gonna answer a call for models.”

I stared at him. “Poignantly put.”

Chad grinned. “It’s the truth.”

I nodded. “’20-25 years. High pain tolerance beneficial.’“

“That sounds intimidating”, Chad said. “Cut that.”

“Okay. Now it says ‘Model wanted. Artistic web project needs talented males for photo and video shoots. 20-25 years.’” I looked at Chad. “Don’t you think it’s a tad bit nebulous?”

Chad grinned. “Yeah. That’s what it’s supposed to be.”

I shrugged. “Alright. Let’s send it to the papers so they’ll print it next week.”

Chad nodded. “I’m very curious how many people will answer.”

“So am I…”

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Are you starting a series looking for new memebers? Either way this sounds like it could end up being alot of fun. :)

Alex said...

I'm glad your like the idea. I don't think it's gonna be a series, though, more like a two or three part story

Balletjeboem said...

Darn, im ugly but willing