Friday, August 9, 2013

Alexander Ludwig and the current poll

I don't want you to think I'm taking this blog too seriously but, well, I guess I do take it somewhat seriously. And I value your input. That's why the current state of the poll is troubling me a bit. I'm pretty sure that someone is deliberately rigging it to make Alexander Ludwig emerge as the winner. He's leading by a huge margin right now, with 76 of 160 votes compared to 32 votes for the runners-up, the boys of One Direction.

There could be a huge Alexander Ludwig fan base among you - but the "Hunger Games special edition" (with Josh Hutcherson, Alexander Ludwig and Liam Hemsworth) has just 17 votes, placing them at 11 of 24. That's rather iffy, right?

And in the first few days of the poll, Alexander Ludwig didn't even stand out at all. On the 5th of August, he had 4 of 64 votes, placing him at the bottom of the pack. Then, suddenly, the next day, he had 45 of 114 votes. That means 41 of the 50 new votes had been cast for him. Today, he has 76 of 160 votes, so he received 31 of the 56 new votes that have been cast since Monday. Hmm.

I don't want to make a mountain out of a molehill - but if we have a poll to set an important part of a story's plot, I do want the majority's opinion and not the opinion of one person who knows his way around his computer... I've written stories for a single person before - but this time, I want all of you to have a say.

So I have decided to disqualify Alexander Ludwig from the poll.

But since I do somehow admire the passion that this one person is showing for him I'm thinking about writing a part of the "Special guest star 3" story featuring him nevertheless. Right now I'm toying with the idea of having him show up, get his balls busted, and get disqualified for some reason... That would be fitting, don't you think?

There's one condition, though: I want the person who placed all those votes for Alexander Ludwig to write me an e-mail (you find the address in my profile) so we can discuss what the story is gonna be like. Don't worry, I'm not angry. I just want to channel your passion for Alexander Ludwig into something more creative than rigging polls... :-))

Okay. Now back to the rest of you - what do you think: Am I overreacting? Acting like a child? Taking things waaay too seriously? Making the wrong decision? I'd love to hear your opinion.

P.S.: I don't expect the "Hunger Games special edition" to somehow inexplicably emerge as the new frontrunner. If it does, poor Alexander Ludwig might leave our studio with his balls completely unharmed - and you certainly don't want that... :-))

Update 08/11/2013: I just received an e-mail from the Alexander Ludwig fan. So the matter is settled: Alexander Ludwig is not going to be "Special Guest Star 3" but he'll get his own story.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

As someone who cast only one vote for Xander and hoped he would win, I am troubled by this whole scenario. On the one hand, if someone really did do this, it is extremely unfair on all the people who cast votes genuinely, myself included, for him and for other stars. On the other hand, if the votes were genuine, or if the majority were genuine - highly unlikely as that is - then it is unfair on the people who might have cast them, though, as you said Alex, this is highly unlikely.

As a fan of Xander who was really hoping he would get his own story - hence the one vote - could I please ask that he not get disqualified?

P.S. My name is Ibtisam Ahmed. I don't have a blogspot account and I am a dunce with technology so I am reduced to writing this is as an anonymous post and then signing it. But English is also not my first language, so I am sorry if I am overexplaining - I'm not the one who rigged this poll trust me!

Anonymous said...

And one more question from the concerned Xander fan - judging by your post, the person who rigged the poll needs to contact you to get Xander in, correct? But what if they don't? I'm sorry if I am now making a mountain out of a molehill, but I really want him featured, but obviously in a fair way.

Sorry again for all of this, really appreciate all the work in this blog.

Ibtisam

Anonymous said...

I think you're overreacting a lot. The poll was done so people could vote anonymously so there is no real way to prove someone rigged it. I also don't think it is fair for people like Ibtisam to have to feel they need to explain themselves just because they voted properly.

For the record, I voted for One Direction and I have been following the poll once everyday. Alexander Ludwig getting so many votes annoyed me tonnes because I didn't want him to win, but it didn't seem fishy to me at all. I asked some of my friends to cast votes when I voted too and it might be the case that there were a few group votes like that.

I'm not saying that is definitely the case as I have no proof in any way. This is still your blog and you have a right to do what you want but personally, I think you should just write the story for whoever is on top and not disqualify anyone. If you still don't want to do that, I think you should write do the Ludwig storyline like you said because if you don't get an email that might just mean no one rigged it.

xxx from a Directioner

Anonymous said...

I agree with you, Alex. Don't let the cheater win.

Anonymous said...

Don't let the cheat win, but fulfil your promise if they email you and they seem nice.

Alex said...

Thanks for your comments, guys!

I appreciate your opinion!

@ Ibtisam & Directioner (Anonymous 1, 2& 3):
Don't worry I'm sure that the person who rigged the poll will send me an e-mail. That's how we are going to get an Alexander Ludwig story AND a fair Special Guest Star 3... :-))

@ Anonymous 4:
Thanks for your support.

@ Anonymous 5:
I promise you, if the they e-mail me (nice or not) I'm gonna write an Alexander Ludwig story. :-))

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the updates and all your hard work Alex :) Your new story is a whopper!

Ibtisam

Alex said...

Thanks, Ibtisam! I'm glad you like it!